Page 1 of 1

Anyone know the supplier/code for this frame?

Posted: Thu 04 Feb, 2010 9:26 am
by framemaker
I'm hoping someone will recognise this frame. It looks like it is made from two mouldings, an inner silver and outer black/dark frame, but maybe it is one moulding. It also looks as it the outer frame has been cropped a bit in the photo. I don't know why but I'm thinking Nielsen or Larson Juhl for some reason, but I can't see them in my catalogues.

A customer of mine has seen these Joe Hargan prints in Whitewall gallery, and wants me to do some framing in the same moulding.

I have contacted my two local Whitewall galleries, but they have ignored my simple request to know who it comes from. (seems like a reasonable question to me)

Please follow this link to see the frame:

Joe Hargan silver and black frame

Re: Anyone know the supplier/code for this frame?

Posted: Thu 04 Feb, 2010 2:20 pm
by Roboframer
If it doesn't slope inwards then it looks like Neilsen 'Corum' to me - narrower black outside and wider silver inside.

Nielsen discontinued the silver corum a while ago anyway.

http://www.nurrecaxton.com/view_product.php?fam=dXY%3D

Re: Anyone know the supplier/code for this frame?

Posted: Thu 04 Feb, 2010 4:47 pm
by BaBaZa

Re: Anyone know the supplier/code for this frame?

Posted: Fri 05 Feb, 2010 12:22 pm
by framemaker
Cheers for for the replies, I will order a sample of the Polcor one. thanks

Re: Anyone know the supplier/code for this frame?

Posted: Fri 05 Feb, 2010 1:46 pm
by wrxsti555
If you would like the real wooden version it is avaible at Ventons. Ref no. ven/el/599/2956. @7.88mtr.(80mm) wide. Tel 01579 389310.
Shaun.

Re: Anyone know the supplier/code for this frame?

Posted: Wed 17 Feb, 2010 10:16 am
by framemaker
A big thank you to Ricky at Mainline and Shaun at Venton's for offering the exact moulding I wanted in polcore and wood, went for the wood in the end.
cheers

Re: Anyone know the supplier/code for this frame?

Posted: Thu 18 Feb, 2010 11:27 am
by wrxsti555
WAS A PLEASURE. MANY THANKS FOR YOUR ORDER.
SHAUN.

Re: Anyone know the supplier/code for this frame?

Posted: Fri 19 Feb, 2010 11:29 pm
by simons rep
lopez moulding i believe!!!

Re: Anyone know the supplier/code for this frame?

Posted: Tue 23 Feb, 2010 8:05 am
by wrxsti555
Very perceptive of you Stuart. Just one of over 200 Enrique Lopez quality mouldings in stock.

Re: Anyone know the supplier/code for this frame?

Posted: Tue 23 Feb, 2010 8:33 am
by simons rep
that's what i like Shaun...never SHORT of something to say!!!!!!! :clap: