They Should be Ashamed!

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Nigel Nobody

Re: They Should be Ashamed!

Post by Nigel Nobody »

Mikey,
If I answered your question here it would be off topic.
I just wonder why you assume that I might need or want to be dishonest?
WelshFramer
Organisation: Neuadd Bwll Framing
Interests: Does running a framing business leave any time for interests?

Post by WelshFramer »

It's bad enough that framers should sell such bad quality stuff but it's absolutely that they should display it in their windows. If they're putting there best stuff in the window what must their 'normal' jobs look like.

Talking about yellowing mountboard, Nielsen used to do a lovely off-white board with a honey-coloured core. Great for old art where a bright white core would be inappropriate. Needless to say, they've discontinued it. Anyone know of a good substitute - something that can look old when it's new?
Mike Cotterell
Neuadd Bwll Framing

http://www.welshframing.com
My status
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

WelshFramer wrote: Nielsen used to do a lovely off-white board with a honey-coloured core. Great for old art where a bright white core would be inappropriate. Needless to say, they've discontinued it. Anyone know of a good substitute - something that can look old when it's new?
Nielsen do a few boards in the artcare range - about 5 I think, with a cream core - unless of course they've discontinued the lot?
framemaker

Post by framemaker »

Mike, (Welshframer)
I like the Crescent museum solids range, some nice antique looking colours with the same colour core.

I've got 4 framed 19thC prints to 'tidy up', no mounts on them at moment, and the customer wants them to look as original as possible, but also wants to preserve them. The Crescent colour 1129 bluff matches the paper perfectly so won't stand out.
Perfection
Organisation: Framed To Perfection
Interests: Photography, Fell walking

Post by Perfection »

Indeed, I've used the Crescent Museum Solid to mount some original pencil drawings whichwe got in to "tidy up". The original framing had been done on this occasion to a decent standard but time had faded the drawings and the mounts were a real strange hue. Now they're in Museum Quality board and behind Tru Vue so I guess they'll outlive me.

It's a good range - 20 standard boards, 16 oversize, 2 up to 96"x48" and I think there's also a dozen extra-thick.
P
WelshFramer
Organisation: Neuadd Bwll Framing
Interests: Does running a framing business leave any time for interests?

Post by WelshFramer »

I'm using the Colourmount museum boards at present but the range of colours is limited. I'm really looking for something that has a range of colours but with an off-white core - i.e looks like it's been affected by ageing.
Mike Cotterell
Neuadd Bwll Framing

http://www.welshframing.com
My status