Page 1 of 1
PITA button
Posted: Tue 20 Jul, 2010 4:33 pm
by jay
When applying a percentage increase with the PITA button, is there a way to invoice several of the same job without the original price ( x however many) being shown on the invoice followed by the total price (inc % increase) - try explaining that one to the customer
I really would prefer not to have to input the same job info many times over
Cheers
Jay
Re: PITA button
Posted: Tue 20 Jul, 2010 6:31 pm
by John
The PITA button is undocumented and unsupported. I have never used it myself, preferring to add a 'fitting charge' or whatever seems appropriate to the occasion. In fact, I'd forgotten where the button was, and it took me a couple of guesses to find it in order to reproduce the behaviour you refer to.
However, I will look into this before the next software update release, and if I reckon that sorting this is going to be a PITA I'll remove the feature all together rather than having the hassle of trying to fix it.
Re: PITA button
Posted: Tue 20 Jul, 2010 6:49 pm
by jay
Hi John
Please don't get rid of this invaluable button - I use it regularly!
It works perfectly well on single jobs, and I would rather input them all singularly than lose this function.
Come on then, hands up all those who use this function.............or is it just me?!
Jay
Re: PITA button
Posted: Wed 21 Jul, 2010 8:31 am
by markw
I always think you have a problem when you start seeing customers as a pain so no I don't use the PITA button.
Re: PITA button
Posted: Wed 21 Jul, 2010 7:27 pm
by jay
Mark W
I agree with you..........
At no time did I say I used this function for customers that were a PITA - it's the name that was given to the function button and I use it for all sorts of reasons to increase/decrease a job/jobs by a specific percentage.
Jay
Re: PITA button
Posted: Thu 22 Jul, 2010 8:42 am
by markw
Sorry Jay - wasnt direct critiscm of you - just critical of the term. My comment would be that Estlite has plenty of options to add cost for additional items or time - it can be set up to cost these things accuratley and a button to increase / decrease by a percentage is fairly pointless. (decrease using discount button - your customer can then appreciate your gesture).