Do you do requests????

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Roboframer

Do you do requests????

Post by Roboframer »

I would like to see some changes here.

1. How about a 'fun' forum - we have a sense of humour here in good ol' Blighty that no-one can compete with. We don't have to talk about framing all the time. The Grumble has 'warped mouldings' - let's have an equivalent.

2. Let's have a 'Business issues' too

3. Let's get rid of the 'General' forum - it's too general! 'Hints and tips' are 'general' Let's combine the two and call the new forum something else. In fact "Something Else" sounds like a good name for a forum to me!!!

4. Let's have some big names on here - where is Pete Bingham - I bet he reads this ...... REGISTER Pete - join in and all the rest of you who have names we will recognise from your articles in trade mags etc etc. Let's also see some representation from the FATG and the Picture Business magazine.

5. I KNOW that our suppliers monitor this .....STOP LURKING and REGISTER - not to promote your stuff, but just because you can relate to us.

There's more - it's late....
osgood

Fun Stuff

Post by osgood »

Good idea John! Lets hope John sees some merit in the suggestion.

If there is going to be a place for fun stuff, it could be named after some famous British comedian like Ronny Barker or Rowan Atkinson or John Cleese or something along a similar vein ...........ooooh I know.......... how about "Flowery twats" or "Farty Towels" or if you want to be boring.... "Faulty Towers"?

You poms might not be good at anything else, but you rule the world in comedy! ;o)) ;o))
markw

Post by markw »

DEPT OF TRANSPORT INITIATIVE - MAY 2006.

Information Release.
There is concern over the current driving standards in England, so the Department of Transport have devised a scheme to identify poor and dangerous drivers.

This system will allow all road users to recognise the potentially hazardous and dangerous ones, or those with limited driving skills.

From the middle of May 2006 all those drivers who are found to be a potential hazard to all other road users will be issued with a white flag, bearing a red cross.

This flag clearly indicates their inability to drive properly.
These flags must be clipped to a door of the car and be visible to all other drivers and pedestrians.
Those drivers who have shown particularly poor driving skills will have to display two flags:
One on each side of the car to indicate an even greater lack of skill and limited driving intelligence.
Please circulate this to as many other motorists as you can, in order that drivers and pedestrians will be aware of the meaning of these flags.

Thank you for your co-operation.
Department of Transport.
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

So, it looks like we have support for John's perfectly cromulent idea.

Not so sure about your titles Ormond, may be a bit too strong for delicate pom sensibilities.

By the way, be careful, our sense of humour is no laughing matter. :)
osgood

Fun Stuff

Post by osgood »

John wrote: By the way, be careful, our sense of humour is no laughing matter. :)
Well, I thought I had a handle on Pom humour, but after reading Mark's post, I'm not too sure.

Anyone feel like explaining it to me please??? Uh Oh, unless he's really a Yank living in England. That could explain why I don't get it.
markw

Post by markw »

Osgood - World cup fever in the UK - lots of drivers are attaching flags to their cars - if your not into the crazed build up to the world cup - then its a good way of spotting those who are - and staying clear. Always been a rugger man - wrong shape balls. :roll:
osgood

Fun Stuff

Post by osgood »

Mark,
If the Aussie team had not got into the world cup, I'm afraid I wouldn't have even known its on sometime soon. I don't think they will get too far but it's certainly a good achievement to get in.

I must say that soccer is not one of my favourite sports, just don't like it much. I can never understand how a game can be played between two teams for about two hours and it can end in a draw so often. Then we abandon the team concept completely and play one against one. Why don't they widen the goal posts by about 10 feet so a more accurate result between two teams can be obtained. There's way too much luck involved for my liking.
Apart from that I find it's as boring as batsh1t.
sarah

Re: Do you do requests????

Post by sarah »

Roboframer wrote:1. How about a 'fun' forum - we have a sense of humour here in good ol' Blighty that no-one can compete with.
Ever been to Ireland then Robo?
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

sarah wrote: Ever been to Ireland then Robo?
Sorry Sarah,

Should have said 'UK' to include N Ireland or even the 'British Isles' to include Eire too.

Have I been to Ireland?

Ohhhhhhhh yes!
sarah

Post by sarah »

Much better Robo. We can't have you forgetting the superior wit of the Irish. :D

Me thinks your visit to our neck of the woods was a fun trip. :wink:
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Roboframer wrote:I would like to see some changes here.

5. I KNOW that our suppliers monitor this .....STOP LURKING and REGISTER - not to promote your stuff, but just because you can relate to us.
A few suppliers are friends of the forum, they have demonstrated restraint in their posts by passing on information and advice and have not used it as an advertising platform.

I am thinking of members such as Andy at KeenCut, Keith at Slater Harrison, and Sam at Framer's Corner, who have all been welcome contributors.

However, if a supplier were to have a great new product that we could benefit from, I'm sure that there would be no objections to a brief mention in Announcements.