A photographer friend of mine is looking for a Hard Bed Press - An Ademco 2226 would be perfect or something of the like- He lives in Somerset and is prepared to travel resonable distance to pick it up.
Thanks
Will
Hard Bed Press Wanted
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
- Framerpicture
- Posts: 914
- Joined: Thu 18 Jan, 2007 2:38 pm
- Location: Somerset
- Organisation: Picture Framing
- Interests: Mountain Biking, Walking,
- Contact:
Hard Bed Press Wanted
http://www.churchgategallery.co.uk/
Follow us on Twitter@PorlockArt
Follow us on Twitter@PorlockArt
- Steve Goodall
- Posts: 841
- Joined: Thu 08 May, 2008 4:22 pm
- Location: Up North
- Organisation: Happily Retired - working for beer now
- Interests: Gothic Punk / Man City / Photography...
Re: Hard Bed Press Wanted
I would call Pete at Framers Equipment in Northampton - 01604 790333 or 07980 660240. He usually has one or two floating around & usually in A1 condition @ decent prices. No one actually manufactures hardbeds anymore - so second hand it will need to be - but there are always plenty around.
If your photgrapher friend needs support for his machine I can post him educational & sample materials - if required...
If your photgrapher friend needs support for his machine I can post him educational & sample materials - if required...
Your too late I'm afraid - I retired in April 2024 
- Framerpicture
- Posts: 914
- Joined: Thu 18 Jan, 2007 2:38 pm
- Location: Somerset
- Organisation: Picture Framing
- Interests: Mountain Biking, Walking,
- Contact:
Re: Hard Bed Press Wanted
Thanks Steve - What sort of price would you expect to pay?
Saw one on here the other day for £200.00- That would be fine but was in Scotland and would cost more in fuel to get it!
While I've got your attention, we have had a problem dry mounting some hand printed photos on a fuji paper. We're getting quite bad orange peel effect using a vacume press- any ideas why?
Happy Christmas
Will
Saw one on here the other day for £200.00- That would be fine but was in Scotland and would cost more in fuel to get it!
While I've got your attention, we have had a problem dry mounting some hand printed photos on a fuji paper. We're getting quite bad orange peel effect using a vacume press- any ideas why?
Happy Christmas
Will
http://www.churchgategallery.co.uk/
Follow us on Twitter@PorlockArt
Follow us on Twitter@PorlockArt
- Gesso&Bole
- Posts: 1013
- Joined: Wed 24 Mar, 2010 3:35 pm
- Location: Nottingham
- Organisation: Jeremy Anderson Picture Frame Maker
- Interests: Framing pictures, testing out the latest gismos, and sharing picture framing knowledge
- Contact:
Re: Hard Bed Press Wanted
I've got one available, £200 collect from Derby. Ademco 2226 on stand, perfect working order
Jeremy (Jim) Anderson
Picture Framer and Framing Industry Educator
https://www.jeremyanderson.co.uk/
https://www.instagram.com/ja_picture_framer/
Picture Framer and Framing Industry Educator
https://www.jeremyanderson.co.uk/
https://www.instagram.com/ja_picture_framer/
- Framerpicture
- Posts: 914
- Joined: Thu 18 Jan, 2007 2:38 pm
- Location: Somerset
- Organisation: Picture Framing
- Interests: Mountain Biking, Walking,
- Contact:
Re: Hard Bed Press Wanted
Hi Jim
I'll pass the message on and get back to you as soon as I hear
regards
Will
I'll pass the message on and get back to you as soon as I hear
regards
Will
http://www.churchgategallery.co.uk/
Follow us on Twitter@PorlockArt
Follow us on Twitter@PorlockArt
- Steve Goodall
- Posts: 841
- Joined: Thu 08 May, 2008 4:22 pm
- Location: Up North
- Organisation: Happily Retired - working for beer now
- Interests: Gothic Punk / Man City / Photography...
Re: Hard Bed Press Wanted
£200 sounds like a real bargain from Gesso. The one in Scotland went almost instantly.
Re the prolem with the orange peel - there are several ways to improve the results - I am guessing they were "glossy" prints??? It would probably be faster to give me a buzz on 07714 523780 - so I can ask you all the questions & then we can come to the right method for improvement.
Re the prolem with the orange peel - there are several ways to improve the results - I am guessing they were "glossy" prints??? It would probably be faster to give me a buzz on 07714 523780 - so I can ask you all the questions & then we can come to the right method for improvement.
Your too late I'm afraid - I retired in April 2024 
