Page 1 of 1

Here's one I did earlier

Posted: Wed 02 Mar, 2011 3:07 pm
by Gesso&Bole
I noticed that this section of the forum hasn't had a lot of posts recently.

I have started posting a few examples of framed work on my blog each week, really to show ideas of the sort of 'ordinary' work we do, and to give people an idea of price (although I deliberately do not give exact price, size or detailed spec). Bear in mind the descriptions are aimed at the General Public, not the framing fraternity.

Here's some pictures of an unusual set of cigarette cards.
http://www.gessoandbole.com/2011/03/fra ... cards.html

Re: Here's one I did earlier

Posted: Wed 02 Mar, 2011 5:04 pm
by Graysalchemy
Nice framing Jim :D :D A well balanced mount with good use of black core in the outer mount to guide the eye and simplify what can be a confusing and busy focal point in the centre.

Was the frame one of your hand finished frames or just a standard moulding?

Well done.

Re: Here's one I did earlier

Posted: Wed 02 Mar, 2011 5:24 pm
by Gesso&Bole
Thanks Alistair

No black core, it is a wooden fillet in the outer mount. The moulding is a standard Arqadia one

Re: Here's one I did earlier

Posted: Wed 02 Mar, 2011 6:36 pm
by Framerpicture
Hi Jim

Is that 756-287-000?

Re: Here's one I did earlier

Posted: Thu 03 Mar, 2011 8:45 am
by Comfyjumper
Very nice......oh for the luxury of a CMC :cry:

Re: Here's one I did earlier

Posted: Thu 03 Mar, 2011 9:27 am
by Graysalchemy
Jim, why did you not keep all the cards with the same spacing between them or in a rectangular grid? The way you have done it works very well and doesn't look odd, but If I had done it I would have formed a rectangle with the for corners of the outer most cards.

Alistair

Re: Here's one I did earlier

Posted: Thu 03 Mar, 2011 3:00 pm
by Gesso&Bole
Yes it is 756287000

Why are they not neatly lined up? We tried the layout in a more rigid format, and in more of a pyramid shape, and the customer preferred the latter, as it looks a little less formal.

Re: Here's one I did earlier

Posted: Thu 03 Mar, 2011 3:48 pm
by Graysalchemy
The edges of each row don't appear to be lined up on the left or the right but that may be the photo. But as I said It looks really good, the outer black slip ties them all together and concentrated the eye.