Tru Vue, a bit of common sense please!

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Roboframer

Tru Vue, a bit of common sense please!

Post by Roboframer »

I stock Conservation Clear in 48x36" and 60x40" sheets.

On the smaller size the writing on the edge of the glass ("This side faces artwork, score opposite side") is written at the bottom, well, it's written top and bottom but it's only the right way up at the bottom, so you have to contort your head or squat down. Then the lites are ALWAYS* packed with the coated side facing towards the box opening, so when you lift one out, you have to turn it to score it - and to read it as well.

Write it the right way up, top and bottom, or any way you like if on the side, have the lites packed the other way around with the printing on the non-coated side saying "Score this side, opposite side faces artwork ....please! (Added bonus, you could take the words off easier than you can on the coated side too.

(*Until the day I decide not to check of course)!

On the larger size you don't get the writing, you just get a tiny white sticker, but when you open the box the sticker isn't facing you, you have to turn it around, and it says "Score opposite side" SO YOU HAVE TO TURN IT AROUND AGAIN!!!! AND possibly risk damaging the coated side removing the sticker.

Put it on the non-coated side so it faces you when you open the box and have it say 'Score this side'

Easy really?

Anyway, just needed a grump, I've been far too cheerful lately.
prospero

Re: Tru Vue, a bit of common sense please!

Post by prospero »

That would be far too sensible. :lol:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Nigel Nobody

Post by Nigel Nobody »

Years ago I posted the same comment on TFG about the way it faces in the box and got howled down. Maybe yours and my logic are both a bit screwed up, because I totally agree with you, John.

I have to take a sheet out of the box then turn it around to whack it into the Fletcher glass cutter. Absurd!
danchip1
Organisation: Devon
Interests: Doing the right thing
Cooking and eating curry

Post by danchip1 »

Identical issue here!
Every sheet I get out of the box has to be walked out and turned around, I never really thought about it until ur post, now it makes sense!!
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Actually, as I know which way the lites are facing on the 48x36 box, I eliminate the problem by opening the box, grabbing all 4 sheets (wearing my rubber/kevlar gloves) doing a one-eighty (usually by standing them on the floor and walking around them) and putting them back in the box. An alternative would be to store the box with the back facing out and removing the back of the box, or making a new central opening with a stanley knife, which is risky.

As for the 60x40s - I know what the sticker says and the lites are actually packed the correct way around, but I don't like handling sheets this size alone in the workshop, so, as I lift a lite out, I just get my framer to confirm the label says 'score opposite side' or I will if he lifts it out.

There's 19 parking spaces outside our row of shops, at right angles to a busy road; practically everyone drives in to the spaces instead of reversing in, so when it comes to getting out they can't just drive away, they have to reverse on to that busy road. I suppose if they were framers, they'd have no problem with the way Tru Vue packs their glass.
Framer Dave

Post by Framer Dave »

I've emailed my contact at TruVue to see if there is a solution to this or at least an answer as to why it's done that way. Will let you know...
prospero

Post by prospero »

You must have the cutter on the wrong wall. :D

Sorry. :Slap:
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

I had one framer (he didn't last long) who thought the problem could be solved by walking all the way around the bench to the excalibur :Slap:
Nigel Nobody

Post by Nigel Nobody »

My cutter is on the correct wall, but it is upside down. Would that make a difference?

Maybe if I turned the TV boxes upside down and walked on my hands, it would all neautralise itself???
prospero

Post by prospero »

Turn the box round and open it up from the back. :roll:
mikeysaling
Organisation: sarah jane framing
Interests: astronomy medals photography

Post by mikeysaling »

sorry could not resist it

[youtube]NkwJ-g0iJ6w[/youtube]
when all is said and done - there is more said than done.
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

prospero wrote:Turn the box round and open it up from the back
Roboframer wrote:An alternative would be to store the box with the back facing out and removing the back of the box, or making a new central opening with a stanley knife, which is risky.
:roll:
Nigel Nobody

Post by Nigel Nobody »

Hey, I've got an idea............TV could pack the sheets in the box, the right way round in the factory! Nah, that won't work. They'll have a specific reason for doing it the wrong way round!