Page 1 of 1

small black Ash moulding

Posted: Fri 03 Jun, 2011 12:14 pm
by hamishfour
Can anyone help please!
I am looking for a small matt-black square faced moulding which shows the wood grain - probably in Ash, ideally 10mm-15mm wide on the front face and not to deep.

I have tried lots of the main suppliers without luck, I have some 30 frames to make (500mmx400mm) and I am trying to avoid having to stain a natural wood moulding .ANY IDEAS ?
Many thanks

Re: small black Ash moulding

Posted: Fri 03 Jun, 2011 1:18 pm
by prospero
As usual, if you want something simple it's not easy to find. :roll:

Wessex do one (A137) which isn't Ash, but it does look grainy and matt. Only the cat pic to go by...... Doesn't look all that black but that might just be the photo.

Re: small black Ash moulding

Posted: Fri 03 Jun, 2011 2:55 pm
by stcstc
is 10mm not to thin for 500 size frames?

Re: small black Ash moulding

Posted: Fri 03 Jun, 2011 3:17 pm
by Graysalchemy
Arqadia's 453000167 is a good little moulding 22mm wide and has a list of £1.56 a metre so cheap as chips. It joins well so not a bad moulding in all.

Image

Re: small black Ash moulding

Posted: Sat 04 Jun, 2011 10:53 am
by huntvambo
Wessex A118 3/4" Square Charcoal Pine - shows the grain nicely and very popular with my customers = £0:65 / foot