Page 1 of 1
Plastic Blckboard
Posted: Mon 07 May, 2012 9:43 pm
by TheFrameShed
This is a long shot but....visited a client the other day, a coffee/sandwich shop and he asked me if I could make some 'miniature' blackboards for his food display fridge, about 2" square that he would then put into small holders to display the contents of sandwich mixes, pasta etc with a price. He showed me a counter-top A4 version which was not a wooden blackboard as such but appeared to be a satin finish rigid black plastic board that he writes on with a liquid 'chalk' pen and wipes clean.
The way i'm thinking is to buy a couple of big sheets and chop 'em up to size, job done. The one problem is I don't know what this board is called. I thought it might be polyboard? but this seems to have a paper outer like foamboard. Any ideas welcome and thanks in advance
Simon
The Frame Shed
Re: Plastic Blckboard
Posted: Tue 08 May, 2012 8:03 am
by Graysalchemy
It is a signage product called forex. They do it in loads of thicknesses and finishes but one of the finishes is for chalkboards. Robert Horne as a supplier springs to mind.
Re: Plastic Blckboard
Posted: Tue 08 May, 2012 8:55 am
by TheFrameShed
Thanks ever so much, I knew someone on here would know. Off I now go in the search for Forex, will try Horne's first.
Re: Plastic Blckboard
Posted: Tue 08 May, 2012 8:58 am
by Graysalchemy
I only know as a customer used to have inserts made for frames I supply to pubs and I have an old one wit the name on the back

Re: Plastic Blckboard
Posted: Tue 08 May, 2012 9:10 am
by Steve Goodall
We manufacture this...
CHALKBOARD LAMINATE (Black or Green)
These two products are primarily designed for the production of chalkboards. The self-adhesive backing can be hand rubbed onto your chosen substrate or processed through a laminator. The film itself is tough, thick and opaque. It comes in a choice of traditional green or black. The specially prepared top surface has a grainy texture and allows chalk to be applied and later removed with a wet cloth or sponge. Chalkboards are popular not only in the class room, but are very useful in kitchens, workshops, offices, children’s rooms and anywhere that constantly changing information needs to be seen. Small chalkboards as ornaments or wall decoration in the home are a great way to use up short lengths of moulding in the picture framing workshop.
Fancy a sample sheet or two (10" x 12")
...if so - email
info@hotpress.co.uk
Re: Plastic Blckboard
Posted: Tue 08 May, 2012 9:29 am
by Graysalchemy
I forgot you showed me that last year steve

Re: Plastic Blckboard
Posted: Tue 08 May, 2012 9:35 am
by Steve Goodall
Hey Alistair - not surprised you forgot - it is kind of a "niche product" - but we sell tons of it for backing chunky MDF block mounts - stcstc is a fan - but he now wants white - which we are working on...
Re: Plastic Blckboard
Posted: Tue 08 May, 2012 10:10 am
by TheFrameShed
Thanks Steve, I've emailed you
Regards
Simon