Page 1 of 1

bendy MDF

Posted: Wed 23 May, 2012 8:18 am
by CalicoFraming
I have a painting done on one of those prepared canvas covered artists boards which was quite bowed in each direction, so glued it onto a sheet of 6mm MDF to straighten it out. Seemed good at first, but now the MDF seems to have bowed along with the painting.

any suggestions on how I can remedy this situation and also perhaps how I could have approached it better in the first place?

many thanks
Calico

Re: bendy MDF

Posted: Wed 23 May, 2012 9:07 am
by Jonny2morsos
I think I would have put the MDF behind the board in the frame without glueing the two together. This assumes you are using a normal frame and not one of those L shaped tray mouldings.

Re: bendy MDF

Posted: Wed 23 May, 2012 9:44 am
by prospero
Which way has it bowed?

You can sometimes rectify a bend by painting the back with and heavy coat of acrylic paint, although I doubt it would work fully on 6mm stuff.

Re: bendy MDF

Posted: Wed 23 May, 2012 9:45 am
by CalicoFraming
Ah yes, should have said - I am using an L shape moulding :wink: