network

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
markw

network

Post by markw »

Ive just finished networking my work computers together - I have always hated networking - silly little problems can stop the whole thing working - when you have a mix of wired and wireless this just becomes even more complicated.

The solution to my obvious inexperience was to find a programme that did it for me - network magic did the job - load it and it finds all your pcs - printers routers etc. It shows you a graphic representation of the network - allows you to share files and Printers - and it gives you remote access to selected files. Brilliant software. Free trial at http://www.networkmagic.com/nmlp/linkshare.php
theframer06
Organisation: dragonframing
Interests: computers and spending time with kids

Re: network

Post by theframer06 »

does that mean you can share dxf files as new to framing many thanks
markw

Post by markw »

Network magic allows you to network a number of computers within your business. The autocad file format you specify isn't one I am familiar with as far as framing is concerned. The Valiani forum share .plt and .fu2 files - Coreldraw designs can be converted to cad files and exported
so that they can be drawn or cut on a Valiani CMC.

What do you use .dxf files for?
theframer06

Post by theframer06 »

hello we have a trucut but you have to use coral first then save in dxf or odf was looking for new designs or any lettering would be a help many thanks i have seen pictures done using a cutter
theframer06

Post by theframer06 »

Does anyone thing it be worthwile to set up a web site for designs for cmc machines as i am looking for designs also i have some as well many thanks
markw

Post by markw »

We have a Valiani forum here - if you look at the forum you will find that you can post designs - we can use Coreldraw designs - but they have to be converted to.plt files for use on the valiani. Would be worth pm,ing John Cooper (Merlin) for his comment.
theframer06

Post by theframer06 »

ok thanks thats a great help as can send designs as cdr if that helps
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Post by Moglet »

If you send design files in Corel Presentation Exchange format, they can be a help to people with older versions of Corel (some CDRs are not backwardly compatible with different versions of Draw.)
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
theframer06

Post by theframer06 »

thank you i will keep that in mind many thanks