Page 1 of 1

Method for framing needlework?

Posted: Sun 30 Sep, 2012 3:55 pm
by CalicoFraming
I have a client coming next week who wants some embroidery framed. I've never framed this sort of thing before and I'm not sure how to go about it. She says she's mounted it using a card back, wadding, and then laced round the back, which sounds fine, but how do I mount it in the frame? Any other tips gratefully received too.

Thanks!
:D

Re: Method for framing needlework?

Posted: Sun 30 Sep, 2012 5:26 pm
by Jonny2morsos
Providing you are both satisfied with the laced item then all you need to do is cut some strips of foambard a little wider than the borders of your mount and about the same thickess as the laced item. Place the foamboard strips around the edges connecting them with gummed tape.

Like this:
Heron-2[1].jpg
You do this with the work face up. I just photographed it this way to show the lacing. Offer your mount up and stick the mount to the foamboard and trim away the excess around the edges. You can now cut the frame, glass and backboard and assemble.

The beauty of this method is it is fully reversible.

Re: Method for framing needlework?

Posted: Sun 30 Sep, 2012 5:50 pm
by CalicoFraming
:clap: