Bumpers & Tapes
Posted: Sun 07 Oct, 2012 12:38 pm
Hi,
Just two questions that I hope some of you may be able to with.
Bumpers:
I'm currently using Clear Dome Bumpers (3.8mm) on the backs of frames. Unfortunately they don't seem to want to stay stuck! They leave the workshop staying put, then when the frame is hung on the wall they seem to move about - one day suddenly appearing on the edge of the frame. This has happened on wooden and polymer based mouldings, so I've deduced that it is not necessarily the type of moulding I'm putting them on. I'm hoping I've just had a duff batch - but thought I'd ask around before committing to another order.
Tape for the backs of Frames:
I've started out using Lineco Frame Sealing Tape - the aluminium foil with a blue/grey acid-free paper backing. It claims to bond permanently to wood, metal and board. Thought this would be a cleaner option than going down the wetted gummed tape route. However, it too doesn't seem to want to stay stuck! Again, would love to hear from anyone who has experienced similar.
Thanks
Robyn
Just two questions that I hope some of you may be able to with.
Bumpers:
I'm currently using Clear Dome Bumpers (3.8mm) on the backs of frames. Unfortunately they don't seem to want to stay stuck! They leave the workshop staying put, then when the frame is hung on the wall they seem to move about - one day suddenly appearing on the edge of the frame. This has happened on wooden and polymer based mouldings, so I've deduced that it is not necessarily the type of moulding I'm putting them on. I'm hoping I've just had a duff batch - but thought I'd ask around before committing to another order.
Tape for the backs of Frames:
I've started out using Lineco Frame Sealing Tape - the aluminium foil with a blue/grey acid-free paper backing. It claims to bond permanently to wood, metal and board. Thought this would be a cleaner option than going down the wetted gummed tape route. However, it too doesn't seem to want to stay stuck! Again, would love to hear from anyone who has experienced similar.
Thanks
Robyn