Greeting from the U.S.

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
The Guerrilla Framer

Greeting from the U.S.

Post by The Guerrilla Framer »

Hi Everyone,

Just want to introduce myself. Looks like a great group and a friendly atmosphere.

I'm Paul Cascio, but people in the states know me better as, "The Guerrilla Framer," from the magazine collumn I wrote in Picture Framing Magazine for more than 10 years. Here's a link if you'd like to read some of my articles.

http://pictureframingschool.com/picture ... Framer.htm

I started framing 20 years ago, starting from my basement. Operated three retail stores over the years, but now spend all of my time teaching.

My school, The American Picture Framing Academy offers 4-day and 6-day classes geared to the framer-entrepreneur. I'm proud to have had students from 34 foreign countries to take my classes in Orlando, Las Vegas and other cities. I feel I learn as much from my students as they do from me and I love teaching.

I also conduct 1-day workshops on Design and Selling, and Marketing and Advertising.

Never been outside of North America, but I'd sure like to visit Europe someday.

The picture framing industry has been very good to me and so I try to give something back.

I look forward to stopping in occasionally as my schedule allows. Thanks for having me.

Warm Regards,

Paul Cascio
Paul Cascio
Director
The American Picture Framing Academy
www.pictureframingschool.com
aka, "The Guerrilla Framer"
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

It's great to see you here Paul and your link is great reading.

I don't take deposits or payment up front - and more than half the time I am offered one or the other ................ another time!

For now ..

WELCOME!!!
Dermot

Post by Dermot »

Welcome Paul
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Hi Paul,

Good to have you on board.
The Guerrilla Framer

Post by The Guerrilla Framer »

Roboframer wrote:It's great to see you here Paul and your link is great reading.

I don't take deposits or payment up front - and more than half the time I am offered one or the other ................ another time!

For now ..

WELCOME!!!
Hi Robo. I take it you read, "No Deposit, No Return."

If that policy works for you, then I wouldn't change it either. But if you find your backroom turning into a storage area for orphaned pictures that weren't picked up, getting the money (half, or all of it) upfront will greatly reduce the problem. Also reduces "Buyer's Remorse" cancellations. I hate those.

Paul
Paul Cascio
Director
The American Picture Framing Academy
www.pictureframingschool.com
aka, "The Guerrilla Framer"
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

It was "Eight little words"

I'm lucky, I know - only been stiffed about 5 times in 14 years - with me it's phsychological - like to hand something over and be paid in full - being paid up front just takes the incentive out of doing the job, for me.