Page 1 of 1

Displaying pictures

Posted: Sun 06 Jan, 2013 7:23 am
by IFGL
Hi people,

We are opening a new gallery, I was thinking of using artists easles to display pictures in the windows, Is this a good idea? or can anyone recommend anything better.

Also what hanging systems do you all use, any recommendations would be appreciated.

It is a much larger shop than my other one, which sells nothing but bespoke picture frames and a few prints, any suggestions on what to fill the floor space with (54 square m).
I was thinking of making some large free standing picture display stands, if you looked down from the top they would look like the letter X, this would give me 8 faces to hang pictures on per stand, but may cut visibility and light through the shop down, again any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Darren

Re: Displaying pictures

Posted: Sun 06 Jan, 2013 11:40 pm
by Roboframer
Congratulations and good luck.

I use tensioned wires, they're extremely strong and have no 'footprint'. They give the option of filling the whole window top-to-bottom or as much of it as you like, just one huge thing smack central if you want. You can also hang frames back to back to give another 'wall' inside the shop.

The same system can be used on a wall.

Re: Displaying pictures

Posted: Mon 07 Jan, 2013 9:43 pm
by IFGL
I like the wire idea a lot, thank you.
I got the size wrong though the the small work shop is 54 m2
the shop part is 102 m2

Re: Displaying pictures

Posted: Mon 07 Jan, 2013 10:00 pm
by Roboframer
That's a decent space - 1 097.91886 sq ft if my mental arithmetic serves me right ..and a 581.251163 sq ft workshop, nice.

Re: Displaying pictures

Posted: Mon 07 Jan, 2013 10:27 pm
by misterdiy
I do like mental arithmetic to 6 decimal places. Puts you in a class of your own :roll:

Re: Displaying pictures

Posted: Tue 08 Jan, 2013 3:18 am
by IFGL
There is also a large workshop at 75m2 but my wife has claimed that for a nursery for our little boy, and some kind of internet business she wants to start.

I have moved all my stock and machinery to the new work shop and there is plenty of space, some thing I am not used to at all.

The shop is by comparison to my other one massive, not sure yet what to fill it with,

Re: Displaying pictures

Posted: Tue 08 Jan, 2013 7:43 am
by stcstc
customers would be a good thing to fill it with :-))

Re: Displaying pictures

Posted: Tue 08 Jan, 2013 6:06 pm
by IFGL
I like the way you think.