A humble and trying-not-to-be-presumptuous hello
Posted: Tue 08 Jan, 2013 11:34 am
Hello! I'm Alex.
First off, I absolutely love that this forum exists. I worked at a picture framer in St. Andrews for about 8 months and really enjoyed it and it's great to see an online community presence with such joy to it. Very nice.
Now, the bit I'm hesitant about... I moved to London to pursue another career direction which hasn't worked out and have been thinking about getting back into picture framing down here. Will I be met with frowns for asking if anyone is looking for a somewhat experienced framer? Or perhaps some approaches for finding work I haven't thought of? Anything would be appreciated but I will of course leave respectfully if that's just not what this forum is for.
I hope this finds you well and happy new year!
Alex
First off, I absolutely love that this forum exists. I worked at a picture framer in St. Andrews for about 8 months and really enjoyed it and it's great to see an online community presence with such joy to it. Very nice.
Now, the bit I'm hesitant about... I moved to London to pursue another career direction which hasn't worked out and have been thinking about getting back into picture framing down here. Will I be met with frowns for asking if anyone is looking for a somewhat experienced framer? Or perhaps some approaches for finding work I haven't thought of? Anything would be appreciated but I will of course leave respectfully if that's just not what this forum is for.
I hope this finds you well and happy new year!
Alex