Saying Hello

Say hello, and tell us a little about yourself.
Leah
Organisation: Hardy Group
Interests: As I said, I am trying to sell some framing machinery to raise funds for our charity.

Saying Hello

Post by Leah »

Hi all

I am not a framer, but I do have some equipment to sell, we are raising money for our charity and have some left over machinery in a basement of ours.
I would like to introduce myself (Hello my name is Leah and I am from London!) and wondering what it is I need to do to be able to post on the selling board without it getting removed.

Many thanks
Leah
Graysalchemy

Re: Saying Hello

Post by Graysalchemy »

Perhaps send a message to admin and say what you wish to do.

Welcome to the forum :D
prospero

Post by prospero »

Hi Leah.

Don't see any problem. Post a few basic details on what gear you have and if someone is interested then they can make further enquiries via private message.

:D
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Leah
Interests: As I said, I am trying to sell some framing machinery to raise funds for our charity.

Post by Leah »

I did that but they got removed.

I have messaged Admin.

Thanks for your replies.
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

I'm beginning to feel the bad guy here. :)

At the top of every thread in Sales/Wants is the following message:

Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)

Its intended purpose is to protect forum users and not to annoy legitimate vendors, however it seems that folk are either not noticing it, or just plain ignoring it.

Perhaps instead of having an unpopular rule requiring vendors to identify themselves, we just replace it with a 'Buyer Beware' notice.
Leah

Post by Leah »

Aw John :? Dont!

I didnt and wouldnt ignore it, I just thought that by creating a profile and requesting access that already counted for having a profile.

I will complete mine in a bit more detail.

Thanks
Leah
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

You become a forum member by creating a profile that contains enough information to convince the administrator that you are a person and not a bot of some kind, and also that you have a legitimate reason for wishing to become a part of our community. This is an easy test – so far over 3000 members have passed with flying colours.

However, if you wish to do more than join in with the general chit-chat, and offer goods or services to our members, you need to supply us with additional information that will enable us to verify that you are who you say you are.

In the interests of fairness, I conducted my own background check and contacted my friend Harry from London - he said he’s never heard of you. :)
Leah

Post by Leah »

Hi John

Can you please have a look at my profile now and tell me if I have done what is required?
thanks
Leah
Normski
Organisation: Norman Longstaff Wholesale Fashion Acces
Interests: Arty Stuff and football religion but not polotiks

Re: Saying Hello Framing Equip

Post by Normski »

Hi I am looking for morso keencut and underpinner ? have you got any?

Norman 07803 826 311