Page 1 of 1

Fluffing up lace

Posted: Tue 15 Jan, 2013 9:16 am
by CalicoFraming
I've got a couple of Edwardian lace cuffs to frame, but having finished the job they look rather flat against the back board.

of course the cuffs need securing so they don't just flop down inside the frame when vertical, but on does anyone have any bright ideas on how I can fluff them up a little, give them a bit of flounce? I was wondering for instance if there were some sort of fine mesh which could be moulding into an armature underneath the lace. Does such a thing exist?

Any suggestions gratefully received

Thanks!
:D

Re: Fluffing up lace

Posted: Tue 15 Jan, 2013 11:48 pm
by Roboframer
You could use something like smocking elastic or shirring elastic to gather the fabric but you could also use just normal cotton, threaded through at as many intervals as required and then gather the cuff along them and tie off so they stay that way.

That's a fine mesh I got you out of :Slap:

Re: Fluffing up lace

Posted: Wed 16 Jan, 2013 1:36 pm
by CalicoFraming
thanks!