Page 1 of 1

Are old out of date mouldings worth keeping?

Posted: Sun 08 Apr, 2007 3:33 pm
by Not your average framer
I have some very old mouldings which just seem to be lost causes. They are from the stocks from two businesses which closed down and sold them to me when starting my own business They appear to be completely un-useable, many being too narrow to join on an underpinner. With a few exceptions, most of the manufacturers are no longer trading, these include Magnolia, Scharf, Invicta, and Regal.

Before I scrap them, I thought I would ask if anyone has any good ideas worth trying for using up old mouldings.

Posted: Sun 08 Apr, 2007 8:04 pm
by foxyframer
I had a good clear out six months ago. Same moulding sources, all from the old Magnolia Group, so made a concerted effort to get rid. No one wants deep white box, hessian or cheap gold foil anymore. It'll never come round again. I'm surprised aluminium covered obeche is still available; should have died a death years ago.

Posted: Sun 08 Apr, 2007 9:57 pm
by kev@frames
foxyframer wrote:I had a good clear out six months ago. Same moulding sources, all from the old Magnolia Group, so made a concerted effort to get rid. No one wants deep white box, hessian or cheap gold foil anymore. It'll never come round again. I'm surprised aluminium covered obeche is still available; should have died a death years ago.
:( not in Penzance it hasn't died :( :( :(