Post by The Jolly Good Framer #1 »

How stupid can these people be?

It’s fish for fecks sake.

aaaaarrrrrrrhhhhhh!!!!!!

[pick TV up and throw it out the window]

and relax
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Thought you were on about an employee of yours.

Didn't watch the programme - Alan Sugar annoys me.
The Crofter
Organisation: Sutherland Arts & Crafts
Interests: Photography

Post by The Crofter »

The follow up program "You're fired" had Nick squirming in his seat. At least they have removed one idiot straight away. I much prefer the American version.
Pat
Bill Henry
Organisation: Not so much - it's kind of messy.
Interests: Dry mounting dog hair, counting age spots on old people, playing chess with wood elves, scheming to take over the world.

Post by Bill Henry »

Up until this season, I was pretty much fed up with the fawning sycophants (the American version) that prostitute themselves in an effort to get into Trump’s good graces. I vowed never to watch the program again.

But, when my wife wrests control of the TV remote, my options are limited, and she loves the show.

I don’t know how quickly you get our shows in the U.K., but this year I was mesmerized.

This year they had a “Celebrity Apprentice” where they offered well known personalities the opportunity to compete for their favorite charities.

The people represented were professional and olympic athletes, movie and stage actors, musicians, and a guy named, Piers Morgan from the U.K. I had never heard of him, but I understand he in reasonably well know to you guys.

I usually consider celebrities to be one dimensional, spoiled children, but the thing that impressed me was how sharp, intelligent, and shrewd these people were.

Without giving away the results, the personality dynamics made for riveting television. There is a blood feud between a bi*ch named Amarosa (a woman you love to hate) and Piers Morgan (a guy you hate to love).

If you get a chance, you’ve got to see it.
Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent! – Porky Pine
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Post by Moglet »

Bill Henry wrote:... Piers Morgan...
The poor man's Simon Cowell! :wink:
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
kaptain.kopter

Post by kaptain.kopter »

I saw a couple of shows from the last series of the Apprentice and couldn't believe just how bad the contestants were.

I'm not placing myself as ' the consummate professional', but I wouldn't have hired any of them to sweep the workshop, never mind meet a customer.

They seem to be lazy, self centred, egotistical, narrow minded, supercilious, petty, and downright pathetic individuals who have no life experience and see the show as a quick boost into earning £100,000 a year.

Mind you, I'd want at least that for working with Alan Sugar.
You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.

www.martinchadwickphotography.com
prospero

Post by prospero »

kaptain.kopter wrote:I saw a couple of shows from the last series of the Apprentice and couldn't believe just how bad the contestants were.
Of course they are. :D If they were all normal, capable, hard-working folks it would not make good TV. :wink:
Bill Henry
Organisation: Not so much - it's kind of messy.
Interests: Dry mounting dog hair, counting age spots on old people, playing chess with wood elves, scheming to take over the world.

Post by Bill Henry »

Moglet wrote: The poor man's Simon Cowell! :wink:
Now that you mentioned Cowell (someone who has something to do with a reality show, I think), Piers Morgan got a video link with him in London and got him to bid $100,000 for some auction item.

“Poor” Morgan has a pretty deep Rolodex, though. While he was organizing something, he called up Princess Fergie and Andrew Lloyd Webber and got them to contribute some stuff for the show.

He may be mean and nasty, but I’m impressed with the people with whom he is on speaking terms.
Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent! – Porky Pine
foxyframer
Organisation: Hampshire Framing
Interests: Golf, DIY and baking bread,cakes, biscuits and making chilli jams and various chutneys.

Post by foxyframer »

It's only half way through the show.

Another bloody shambles - who the hell would employ any of these twonks !

All are feeding off their own self-inflated egos. Can't bear to watch any more.
Measure twice - cut once
The Jolly Good Framer #1

Aaaaahhhhhhh!

Don't get me started :x

I'm just about ready to throw the TV out the window... again
Mary Case GCF

Post by Mary Case GCF »

Let's hope the next thing they are asked to do is not to set up a picture framing shop. Don't think any of them would have a hope in heck of getting that right :lol:
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Post by Moglet »

Oh dear! Musta been really bad tonight (note the absence of the "....and relax...). :wink: :lol:
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
The Jolly Good Framer #1

...11 hours later...

...and relax