Best Gicle printer

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Keith

Best Gicle printer

Post by Keith »

Hi Everyone, hope you all enjoyed today's weather. Can anyone help, I have a friend who would like advice on the best Gicle printer currently on the Market up to A2. Also the best large format flat bed scanner. Is there is anyone who is producing prints to frame using this process as I may be interested in pursueing this activity as an add on to my framimg business. I would welcome any advice and views from the forum.

Thanks in advance

Keith
Steve Goodall
Organisation: Wessex Pictures Group
Interests: Gothic Punk / Man City / Photography...

Re: Best Gicle printer

Post by Steve Goodall »

This is not advice as such - just a view. All the major players have a machine suitable for A2. They are all good machines.

What is of major importance is the "psychical" back up that comes with the machine. One or two folk on here have bought "a box off the internet" - because it was the "cheapest price" for the model they chose.

One or two have even admitted that this was a mistake. Buying a printer like this is not like buying a desktop printer. Sure you could probably get it "up & running" with the instructions out of the box - but you will never get "the best out of it" - without some "real world" help.

Here is the advice bit...

Buy from a "real person" who will deliver it "in person" & set it up & teach you how to get the most from it.

we don't want tales of :head: or :Slap: or :sweating: do we... :D
Your too late I'm afraid - I retired in April 2024 :sun: