Hows everyone coping with the new Arcadia web site?

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
ComeOnYouReds!
Organisation: Our house
Interests: Trying to get it right first time.

Hows everyone coping with the new Arcadia web site?

Post by ComeOnYouReds! »

Me, I'm just going round and round in ever decreasing circles and vanishing up me own jaxy.
Progress..... what progress.
Tudor Rose
Organisation: The Framing Lot
Interests: Tudor history, swimming, walking and needlework.

Re: Hows everyone coping with the new Arcadia web site?

Post by Tudor Rose »

They did have a few teething problems with our account - like our delivery address was coming us as one of our customers so he would have got all our deliveries, and they managed to make a few other little hiccups too, but they got it all sorted out after one email in fairness to them.

It does take a bit of getting used to because we were so familiar with the previous website, but there are some more useful features on there. My only real gripe would be that the login it has saved is the old one that we can't use any more and there doesn't seem to be any way (there probably is but I haven't found it yet) of getting it to save the new login details so we are having to put them in each time.

I imagine that in a short while we will all be very used to it and using it without any problems.
Jo Palmer GCF(APF) Adv
Textile, Mount Design & Function & Conservation

Forum Moderator & Framing Educator
www.pictureframingtraining.com
Guild Certified Examiner & Guild Accredited Trainer
Guild Chair & Master May 2019 to May 2022
birdman
Organisation: Pelican Picture Framing
Interests: Getting up close and personal with Val

Post by birdman »

Initially it was a trifle disconcerting and like Tudor Rose, we have problems with our "saved" password and user name being the wrong one. What took me ages was trying to find out how to login, it hides in plain sight innocently in the right hand corner but I'm damned if I could find it.

Still playing around with it but on balance I think it's an improvement, it will just take time getting used to it. Feedback from us to Arqadia should help them finesse it in the longer term.

Rolf
Rolf Lawson GCF
“I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.” Eric Morecambe
My status
Tudor Rose
Organisation: The Framing Lot
Interests: Tudor history, swimming, walking and needlework.

Post by Tudor Rose »

It took us ages to find the login too Rolf - could they have made the font any smaller do you think???
Jo Palmer GCF(APF) Adv
Textile, Mount Design & Function & Conservation

Forum Moderator & Framing Educator
www.pictureframingtraining.com
Guild Certified Examiner & Guild Accredited Trainer
Guild Chair & Master May 2019 to May 2022
birdman
Organisation: Pelican Picture Framing
Interests: Getting up close and personal with Val

Post by birdman »

Don't encourage them, I'm sure they could have if they'd tried :-)

Might of been useful to have an introduction to the changes and perhaps an "idiots guide" to the more useful bits.
Rolf Lawson GCF
“I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.” Eric Morecambe
My status
misterdiy
Organisation: Decormount
Interests: Picture framing, mount-cutting, photoshop et al

Post by misterdiy »

Like all you Guys, I had problem with "finding" the login, but once found there were no issues. Having got a MAC :D there is no problem remembering passwords, and Mrs D sorted that out as a first job. We like it and think its a good step forward. Wonder when (if) Simons will get their site sorted :roll:
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Had a few teething problems but it's OK now - preferred the old site though, well, the order form at least. Still, mustn't Grumble, it's the only company I deal with that has the facility.
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Post by IFGL »

I found it a great improvement on the old site, I like the shop mode and the photos of the frames can now be used for visualization.I like the fact it shows clearly pack price , my personal price and box price..

The site also seams to be much slicker and faster. 500% improvement site in my opinion.
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

The list of favourite items has gone - I think! But it seems you can create some sort of favourite list - haven't looked in to it much. A pain having to enter my email address and P word each time, why does explorer remember your log in details on some sites but not others?

Still - the carriage-paid order on line is still less than by phone, so it's-a noooo problem really, and I'm sure in time the niggles will be sorted, they're good like that.
IFGL

Post by IFGL »

firefox for the win
IFGL

Post by IFGL »

if you really love the old IE you could always create a word doc or whatever on your desk top with a link to the web site on it and have your user name and password typed on the same doc triple click your user name , this will select it, hold down ctrl and press c, this will copy to clip board, now click your arqadia short cut you have on the doc to the log in page of course , click the email/ username box and hold down ctrl and press v, this will paste in your username , you can work the rest out.

much easier to install firefox though .

Just a quick note IE is one of the few browsers that has inbuilt ftp, so use it if you need to upload large files to browser based upload sites, most other browsers will time out.
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

I've got Mozzarella Firefox - and chrome - but IE is what I know. RU saying that if I use FF that it will remember my P word on the Arqadia site??
IFGL

Post by IFGL »

yes
stcstc

Post by stcstc »

my missus uses a plugin with firefox to autofill stuff

she have various keys setup to fill in more than just passwords etc, like address etc for whole forms

cant remember what it called though
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

IFGL wrote:yes
Cool!

Not only does it remember me, I don't even have to type in or click on a thing. With IE I start to type in my email address/username and then click on what appears. .... on sites it works on.
IFGL

Post by IFGL »

don't get me wrong IE is an amazing browser, but for sites you are spending money on firefox is better. Crome I found is good but is gimped on the volume of sites it works well on
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Post by Jonny2morsos »

As above - finding the log in and then having to create a new one using the email address which is a lot longer than the previous five character one.

First delivery was dispatched to an alternative address! but luckily it was our home address and someone happened to be in when the driver called. Arqadia now seemed to have rectified this problem.

I would have rather they changed their delivery company than the website to put an end to the transit damage problems on mouldings.
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

I did have an email before the new site went live, and it did say you would have to apply for new Login details :Slap: , but I too had a problem with finding the Login, then it took me twice :Slap: :Slap: as long to find the FAQ's link to find out how to apply for the Login Details. But otherwise no problems, I think there was something about the address but caught it before I confirmed the order.
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
exeter framer
Organisation: South Gate Gallery Exeter
Interests: Work! Reading Walking

Post by exeter framer »

I think the new site is clean, bright, fresh, fast, easy to use, and better than the original site.

However, the original site was the best there was in our marketplace. Easy to use, great for comparing the cost of chop verses length, stock levels shown, and instant acknowledgement. Makes you wonder why they changed - obviously to show us their cutting edge approach to the customer experience. Well done, once again, Arqadia. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
JamesC
Organisation: The Framed Picture Company
Interests: Printing and Framing, Canvas Prints, Perspex Mounting, Graphic Design, Football, Tennis, Golf, Computers, Film, Antiques, Mountain Biking, Bass Guitar, Music, Art, Mensa

Post by JamesC »

Mainline Mouldings website is also very good like their 3d moulding view and shows stock.

Sometimes Simons have a wider choice than Arqadia in areas, but I much prefer Arqadia for ease of ordering online - with stock levels given. They also seemed to have improved the stock holding a bit.

When they say it is overnight 99% of the time it arrives the next day - great facility.

I like the way Arqadia have taken the time to take pictures of chevrons, so I will not have to myself in future for my websites.

I haven't tried the favourites but it's one thing I complained about to them with the old one - I wanted to be able to pick my own favourites and have as long a list as I wanted.

The old website used to crash a bit at peak times so hopefully this one will be better.

I find the autofill on the moudling search box a little awkward to use - kept getting things I didn't want. But maybe jsut a bit of practice will perfect.

I think for newcomers this one is much easier to use, just for us who were used to the old one it takes some time. Products displayed much better.