Is it going to change your life?

For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
Roboframer

Is it going to change your life?

Post by Roboframer »

Imagine winning this ridiculous amount of money

I really don't know what I'd do with that much money, but if some smartarse reporter/journalist arksed me the stoopid question "Is this going to change your life"? .... as they do, I at least have that answer ready and this is what it would be ...... "My wife and I will divorce; each have a sex change, and then re-marry ... apart from that, life will go on as normal. Now go away"
mikeysaling
Organisation: sarah jane framing
Interests: astronomy medals photography

Re: Is it going to change your life?

Post by mikeysaling »

Actually - what would you do ?????? First - no publicity. Stay where i am for the time being . 'listen' to a lot of advice . Buy a lifeboat for the RNLI (a big job) . THink.....................
when all is said and done - there is more said than done.
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Post by Jonny2morsos »

Would it not be better for 149 people to win £1m each?

£149m is probably more than you could spend sensibly in your lifetime whereas £1m would provide a reasonable level of comfort for most people. Or it might just buy you a family house if you live in London!
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Not from where a single-winner would be standing!

You wouldn't want to spend it all - if you did you'd be skint! (OK you'd have some stuff you could flog no doubt and would have had a good time)

Using is different to spending; how would you use it?

I think I'd like to use it to make sure our shop lives on after us, in several different locations too, not just here.

But then there's the kids, you'd have to see your kids right. But they have more of their life in front of them ..... so I'd probably split it 5 ways; 30 mil to each of our 4 (that's 4 between us - 3-1 to me) and the remaining 29 to us .... which would mean forget idea No 1 - not enough money.