Large poster

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Gus
Organisation: Not yet.
Interests: Off road motorcycling; Youth work; Watching sport - motocross; speedway and rugby mainly.

Large poster

Post by Gus »

Hi, I've had an enquiry about framing a poster 1.7m square. No glass. I am wondering if there is a dry mount and lamination option for this size. (I don't think hot press do a machine this size, unless it can be done in 2 halves?) Or any other ideas please?
Thanks
prospero

Re: Large poster

Post by prospero »

Even if you did have a huge press, the hard part would be getting a one-piece board to mount it on.

A sign making company might be able to do the job. Finding one is another matter...... :roll:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Gus
Organisation: Not yet.
Interests: Off road motorcycling; Youth work; Watching sport - motocross; speedway and rugby mainly.

Post by Gus »

Yes thanks, more trouble than it's worth springs to mind!
prospero

Post by prospero »

People think that it's just a matter of scaling upwards. 8ftx4ft - no problem. I could mount that using my old hardbed press. Bit of an uproar granted, but possible in-house. 6ft sq - :? . Over a certain size the logistics get prohibitive.
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

I also don't know how to find a board big enough for dry mounting this poster, but at least I can suggest a solution for hoe to dry mount it.

With care, you can make up the size of dry mounting material required by using Fusion 4000, or any other similar dry mount film which is 100% dry mount adhesive with no supporting substrate layer included.

This means that it is possible to overlap areas of film and because the film will flow in the heated press, any overlapped areas will disappear as the film flows under pressure in the press.

It is possible to dry mount something this size in a mechanical hard bed press of an adequate size.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer