Page 1 of 1

Hard Bed Press Wanted

Posted: Wed 22 Dec, 2010 3:53 pm
by Framerpicture
A photographer friend of mine is looking for a Hard Bed Press - An Ademco 2226 would be perfect or something of the like- He lives in Somerset and is prepared to travel resonable distance to pick it up.

Thanks

Will

Re: Hard Bed Press Wanted

Posted: Wed 22 Dec, 2010 6:08 pm
by Steve Goodall
I would call Pete at Framers Equipment in Northampton - 01604 790333 or 07980 660240. He usually has one or two floating around & usually in A1 condition @ decent prices. No one actually manufactures hardbeds anymore - so second hand it will need to be - but there are always plenty around.

If your photgrapher friend needs support for his machine I can post him educational & sample materials - if required...

Re: Hard Bed Press Wanted

Posted: Wed 22 Dec, 2010 6:15 pm
by Framerpicture
Thanks Steve - What sort of price would you expect to pay?

Saw one on here the other day for £200.00- That would be fine but was in Scotland and would cost more in fuel to get it!

While I've got your attention, we have had a problem dry mounting some hand printed photos on a fuji paper. We're getting quite bad orange peel effect using a vacume press- any ideas why?

Happy Christmas

Will

Re: Hard Bed Press Wanted

Posted: Wed 22 Dec, 2010 7:41 pm
by Gesso&Bole
I've got one available, £200 collect from Derby. Ademco 2226 on stand, perfect working order

Re: Hard Bed Press Wanted

Posted: Wed 22 Dec, 2010 8:58 pm
by Framerpicture
Hi Jim

I'll pass the message on and get back to you as soon as I hear

regards

Will

Re: Hard Bed Press Wanted

Posted: Thu 23 Dec, 2010 9:09 am
by Steve Goodall
£200 sounds like a real bargain from Gesso. The one in Scotland went almost instantly.

Re the prolem with the orange peel - there are several ways to improve the results - I am guessing they were "glossy" prints??? It would probably be faster to give me a buzz on 07714 523780 - so I can ask you all the questions & then we can come to the right method for improvement.