Page 1 of 1

How do I post an image?

Posted: Fri 15 Dec, 2006 10:56 am
by WelshFramer
Hi, maybe I'm being a bit thick but I can't work out how to include an image in this posting. I can see the 'image' button but that just posts a tag into the message. Presumably I need to upload the image somehow.

Mike

Posted: Fri 15 Dec, 2006 11:00 am
by WelshFramer
I think I've found the answer in the FAQ. The Internet is running like a pig this morning -- it took nearly 10 mins to access the FAQ pages! Yuk!

Posted: Sun 17 Dec, 2006 10:16 am
by John
Hi Mike,

Sorry I didn't see this post sooner, but it looks like you have it figured out now. :)

Before you can include your picture, it must already exist somewhere on the Internet and have its own URL (Internet address).

So if the address of your image is: -
www.theframers.co.uk/images/yourpicture.jpg

You just encase it within the [img][/img] tags thus: -
[img]www.theframers.co.uk/images/yourpicture.jpg[/img]
and it will be displayed on screen within your message.

Posted: Sun 17 Dec, 2006 12:48 pm
by WelshFramer
Many thanks. I did find the answer in the FAQ but didn't look there initially as I just assumed there would be a way of uploading images directly to the forum (as is the case with other forums I use).

However, I can see the sense of the way you do it as it does stop your server filling up with unwanted images.