advertising

For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
leathemgraphicdesign

advertising

Post by leathemgraphicdesign »

Who feels that forums members should be able to advertise products which may be of interest to other forum members without receiving nasty messages from certain people and these certain person (not naming names) advertises his own products frequently!!! Hiprocrite ?????
prospero

Re: advertising

Post by prospero »

I'll say this on the open forum.....

That remark was totally uncalled for and I think a swift apology is in order.
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
stcstc

Post by stcstc »

who did what, to who with what ?
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Tech Support
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

After so many posts offering us some sort of rubber stamp in quite a short space of time, I thought a polite warning was in order: -
Hi Jonathan,

The forum will not tolerate an excessive amount of product placement. I hope you appreciate that you have been given quite a bit of latitude since you joined the forum, but I think it's time to put a bit of a damper on the rubber stamp campaign.

I do wish you every success of course, but you will find that there's a limit to what the membership will accept before they begin to see your posts as just so much spam.

I'm sure you understand.

Kind regards,
John
Administrator www.theframersforum.com
Apparently this thread is in response to to my PM (above).
stcstc

Post by stcstc »

oh right, seems fair enough john

oh and yes john does advertise here, cos he owns the site!!!

and not not exessivly i dont think
Tudor Rose
Organisation: The Framing Lot
Interests: Tudor history, swimming, walking and needlework.

Post by Tudor Rose »

Fair play to you John, seems like a very gentle warning was given, nothing excessive.
Jo Palmer GCF(APF) Adv
Textile, Mount Design & Function & Conservation

Forum Moderator & Framing Educator
www.pictureframingtraining.com
Guild Certified Examiner & Guild Accredited Trainer
Guild Chair & Master May 2019 to May 2022
birdman
Organisation: Pelican Picture Framing
Interests: Getting up close and personal with Val

Post by birdman »

I have to say I agree with Prospero that the comment was uncalled for and probably unwise. The comment certainly isn't going do much good for the advertising campaign either.
Rolf Lawson GCF
“I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.” Eric Morecambe
My status
David
Organisation: Silverstone Framing
Interests: Photography, Motor Racing, Military

Post by David »

Very reasonable John, can't see a problem with that. By the way - thanks for a great forum.
BaBaZa
Organisation: http://www.mainlinemouldings.com
Interests: Pubs

Post by BaBaZa »

Any member can advertise. We are happy to support the forum by sponsoring an ad banner which has lead to many enquiries.
Ricky @ Mainline Mouldings Ltd

Twitter #MainlinePolcore
leathemgraphicdesign

So wrong!!! So Wrong!! i am actually referring to another member who sent me a rather abusive email through my own private email address NOT through this forum

But in passing John i do not appreciate you posting a private message sent to myself on a public forum and would request this is removed with immediate effect

FORUM MEMBERS I WAS IN NO WAY REFERRING TO JOHN MCAFEES POST
Gus
Organisation: Not yet.
Interests: Off road motorcycling; Youth work; Watching sport - motocross; speedway and rugby mainly.

Post by Gus »

I am confused now! (doesn't take much). In order to appreciate what you are getting at I personally would like to know what you are complaining about and who has said what to you. Then I would be in a better position to understand your stance and respond, if I thought fit to do so.

People have made assumptions about your initial post that you now say are incorrect. If you are sent a private email to your private address by a member (who is annonymous to us), keep it as that - private - and respond accordingly. If it is worthy of discourse and discussion within this forum, please elaborate on the content, IF that is applicable within the rules of the forum.

I personally have used this forum to gain advice from members; buy and sell items; provide information and to have a good laugh at some items. I want to continue in this fashion and enjoy looking at all the posts, whether I respond or not. I do not want to see it devolve into ,a slagging match between suppliers of certain goods that I may, or may not, be intersted in.
leathemgraphicdesign

Gus my principal business is photography and picture framing i am simply offering fellow framers my substantial discounts for stamps if they may require one. I thought it would have been a goodwill gesture to fellow framers. I am not gaining anything personally from these stamps as i am supplying them at the price that i can get them for. These stamps are over £50 - £70 RRP each so the savings are in fact substantial

I have received an abusive and threatening email from someone stating they are a member of this forum who sent this email through my contact section of my website (they filled in a form). I have already reported this to my ISP as they can track the IP address of the offender. Further more because of the nature of this email and the threats contained within it i will be reporting this to the Police.

The perpertrator stated he/she is a member of this forum and they said they are a regular advertiser on this site and they will do "anything within their power to have me closed down both from the forum and also my business"

I didnt sleep last night as i am debating forgetting about the whole thing and closing down!

Gus wrote:I am confused now! (doesn't take much). In order to appreciate what you are getting at I personally would like to know what you are complaining about and who has said what to you. Then I would be in a better position to understand your stance and respond, if I thought fit to do so.

People have made assumptions about your initial post that you now say are incorrect. If you are sent a private email to your private address by a member (who is annonymous to us), keep it as that - private - and respond accordingly. If it is worthy of discourse and discussion within this forum, please elaborate on the content, IF that is applicable within the rules of the forum.

I personally have used this forum to gain advice from members; buy and sell items; provide information and to have a good laugh at some items. I want to continue in this fashion and enjoy looking at all the posts, whether I respond or not. I do not want to see it devolve into ,a slagging match between suppliers of certain goods that I may, or may not, be intersted in.
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

Jonathan,

I think you have misunderstood the "private" aspect of Private Messages.

You would have breached a confidence and have no right to reveal what I told you in a private message, however, I, as owner of my own words, have every right to do so. And I did.

I think you need to take a bit of time to reflect on this, and also how to conduct yourself on a public forum.
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Post by Jonny2morsos »

I had an unsolicited email with the rubber stamp offer sent to my business email which I would consider to be inappropriate use of forum members details for marketing purposes.
stcstc

Post by stcstc »

leathemgraphicdesign wrote:Gus my principal business is photography and picture framing i am simply offering fellow framers my substantial discounts for stamps if they may require one. I thought it would have been a goodwill gesture to fellow framers. I am not gaining anything personally from these stamps as i am supplying them at the price that i can get them for. These stamps are over £50 - £70 RRP each so the savings are in fact substantial

Hey johnathan

dont stress too much, it aint worth it, i would however report to the admin the person who wrote the mail so if they have done wrong using this forum to create spam or malicious mail the admin can at least deal with them here

any use of the forum details to create spam or malcious emails etc should at least end up with them being banned for a little while etc

i am interested in your framing, on your website you mention
"We are now proud to be associated with Harron Framing and Designs and can now offer a full bespoke picture framing service to our clients and customers. Picture frames can be made at any size and are skillfully made by an experianced professional picture framer. Frame mouldings are available in a variety of different sizes and colours."

are they a sister company?
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

I would like to reassure everyone that email addresses can not be harvested from the forum except where members have revealed that information in their posts or signature.