How much II

For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

How much II

Post by IFGL »

Yesterday a fellah came into my shop and said 'How much?'
I answered ' for what?'
He then replied ' Picture' :head:

I seem to be having more of these conversations, I might try it at my local garage next week, How much? - what for? - fix :D

What's the shortest sentence anyone has expected you to understand in your shop, or anywhere for that mater?
Roboframer

Re: How much II

Post by Roboframer »

A guy walked up to the counter one day, made a shrugging gesture and said 'Wife'?
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

I hope you called Matron for him :giggle: :giggle:
stcstc

Post by stcstc »

i quite often just grunt at some of my regular customers and they understand

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
prospero

Post by prospero »

Go to the chippie and ask if they have a piece of fish to fit this batter. :lol:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
IFGL

Post by IFGL »

Roboframer wrote:A guy walked up to the counter one day, made a shrugging gesture and said 'Wife'?
I'd have said sure no problem , would you like it wrapping .?
misterdiy
Organisation: Decormount
Interests: Picture framing, mount-cutting, photoshop et al

Post by misterdiy »

Well Robo, Perhaps as you stock lots of brightly coloured cottons and stuff that he thought it was a multi-coloured swap shop :inlove:
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

If he'd asked the question fully "Is my wife here"? we'd still have had no clue - never clapped eyes on him before. What did he expect, for us to line up any women browsing for an ID parade!
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Our place used to be a hardware store and it only took us two weeks from them exiting to us opening. About a week later a guy comes in and does about 10 laps of the place before coming up to the counter and saying "You've had a big shift-around haven't you ....... so, where's the fish food"?

We had plenty similar but one of the best was a guy carrying 6 empty 5 gallon jerry cans, two in each hand; one under each arm (the old place used to sell paraffin on draught), turned the door handle with an elbow, struggled in backwards, turned around, gawped, shouted "BOLLOCKS"! and left.
IFGL

Post by IFGL »

Lol we had a similar ocurance in our Doncaster shop, a bloke wanted to bring back some shelf brackets he'd purchased a couple of weeks prior and couldn't quite grasp it wasn't the same shop.
prospero

Post by prospero »

My old place used to be a hairdressers. Months after I moved in a little old lady came in for some white hairnets. I pointed her downstairs to where the hairdressers had moved to (they moved downstairs to save the lols from having to climb the stairs).
Few weeks later she's in again. :roll:

When I was fitting out my present place a mate of mine was helping me. He had a boxer dog. The shop was previously a butchers and still had the white tiles in the window bays at the time. The said doggie was a daft old thing and liked to have a kip in the window on the nice cool tiles (it was very hot weather at the time). Must confess to putting a [1/6 a lb] label in front of him. Didn't have any plastic parsley. :lol: Drew a few sniggers from passers by.....
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

The previous business in our premises called "Beachwood Electronics" and apparently the guy who owned this business could supply, or repair almost anything either electronic, or electrical.

For several years afterwards, people would come in and ask if I still repaired television sets, etc.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer